Technical Director, Cyber Security Program Office Warfare Information Assurance (NAVWAR C4I PMW 130)
Ms. Rachel Bondi is the Department of Defense Naval Technical Director and Head of Science and Technology Cyber Security Acquisition where she built the team that launched the JADC2/JCC2 SPINNAKER Navy UP/BDP platform data analytic fabric (DAF) for Modernization and Digital Transformation realignment for the future. The zero trust dynamic privileged access platform increases Naval cyber-maturity while offering a seamless service experience for cyber workloads based on a trusted data ecosystem which enables DevSecOps cognitive cyber ML/AI applications and playbook automation for Cyber Operations Warfighters.
In her previous roles Bondi reported to the Chief Information Officers of Sanmina-SCI Manufacturing, Creative Artist Agency, and First American Financial where she headed the Security Program Management Office (CISO PMO). In addition to leading Enterprise Technology, Bondi also reported to several Chief Technology Officers launching service experiences at Microsoft, GitHub, NEC, and IBM and consulting to clients at AT&T, Oracle, Fujitsu, Google, Facebook, Salesforce, Disney and Apple Computer in the Telco Media and Technology (TMT) sector. A technical anthropologist, she has studied 7 languages, worked and lived on 6 continents in the Middle East, Asia, Europe, LATAM and Peace Corps in West Africa.
Rachel is known for going into cultures, industries and companies as a catalyst for big, disruptive ideas that change everything and get people to trust something new. Bondi established the PMOs and drove Program Management Life Cycle (PMLC) Discovery and Evidence Tracking SaaS solution shared services strategy and transformation at KPMG and First American. Delivered board of directors and C-levels response for governance, risk, compliance (GRC) and security prevention, detection, and response remediation for merger and acquisition, electronic funds transfer, identity access, regulatory, fraud and crisis requirements (SOX, ISO, COBIT, NPPI). Liaison to IBM Labs for federated security Cloud 3.0 roadmap. Bondi served on IBM’s CIO Leadership Advisory Council and was selected by IBM Industry Academy to deliver TMT analytics solutions as first of a kind (FOAK) including Google Watson ML/AI search initiative and Watson for cognitive games, simulations, and quantum solutions.
A speaker at ISACA, CDSA, CES and other global trade shows, Bondi is top 1% of LinkedIn, was nominated for and received several innovation awards including Microsoft “Ship It” awards for delivering products such as Microsoft Operations framework (MOF), .Net passport for Visual Studio, SharePoint, Azure, xBox Live, and U-Verse to AT&T. She’s been honored by the State of California, the Gates Foundation, Spielberg’s Shoah Foundation, and the Stan Lee Foundation for her work in bridging corporate and community efforts in Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM), Diversity, Equality, Inclusion (DEI) and is a voting member of Screen Actors Guild (SAG) and the Emmy’s Academy for Technologies. On the cover of Orange County Metro Magazine as one of the 10 Women of Power, she has appeared in Multichannel News, WSJ, Technorati, Crunchbase, WITI Online, Yahoo!Finance, SocialFunds, OC Business Journal, IMDB, television, radio, international press and magazines. Masters of Science Study- Linguistics, Radford University , Micro-MBA Masters in Business Administration, Stanford University, ITIL Loyalist College, & Bachelor of Arts in Anthropology and International Communications, Eckerd College.
Publications and Presentations
- 2021 San Diego Center for Cyber Excellence Mentor, Hack the Machine/Cyber Challenge SOAR Contest Sponsor , Published PMW 130 Splash Video for Cyber Awareness Month https://youtu.be/5mqU8sjlsdg
- 2020 INC 500 Fast Growth, (#136) Bluemark.com, Advisor to CEO
- 2019 Women in Technology International (WITi) and C-Sweet mentor
- 2018 Women In Games International (WIGI) cloud solutions board
- 2017 Hollywood IT Society, Digital Hollywood panelist
- 2016 Advancing Women in Tech Outstanding Leadership Nomination (SAP and Games)
- 2016 Keynote Games Argentina, PocketGamer
- 2015-2016 Casual Connect, CES, IBC, Streaming Media West, NAB, HITS/MESA, GDC, Paris Games Week Panelist, Storage Visions, Women in Technology International
- 2015 Academy (Emmy’s) Invitation Only Leadership Track
- 2014 – SAG Award Nomination Committee
- 2013- Special recognition by Governor State of Ca for STEM initiative Public Private Partnership
- 2013 – Digital Hollywood, Panelist,
- 2013 – ISACA- The Anthropology of Fraud, Speaker, International Security Auditors Conference
- 2013, 2010, 2009 Gates Foundation Nominee, philanthropy
- 2012 – Media and Entertainment Panelist, Boxworks
- 2012 – State of California Assembly Resolution Recipient, STEM/STEAM Innovation
- 2007 – OCBJ Top 100 Women in Business
- 2006 – OCMetro Top 10 Women of Power, NIRI Top 10
- 2005 – Stevie Award Winner
- 2003/05 – Author and Speaker, Print, Conference and Radio
- 2002 –Technology Futures, WITI Speaker 2002 – SF WOW Top Women of the Web nominee