- Can DevSecOps Undo DoD’s Broken Software Failures? 09/21/2020 Marvin Langston
- Part 2: Will Artificial Intelligence (AI) Help Maintain U.S. Naval Superiority over China’s Growing Naval Power? 03/07/2020 Marv Langston
- Part-1: Will Artificial Intelligence Help Maintain U.S. Naval Superiority over China’s Growing Naval Power? 10/15/2019 Marv Langston
- Effective DoD Acquisition Needs Less Noise … Part 2 03/07/2019 Marv Langston
- Effective DoD Acquisition Needs Less Noise! …Part 1 01/06/2019 Marv Langston
- Blockchain – The Coming Global Paradigm Shift! 11/04/2018 Marv Langston
- Navy Acquisition Can Easily Be Fixed 05/21/2018 Marv Langston
- Time for Transformational Cybersecurity Part II 04/08/2018 Marv Langston
- Time for Transformational Cybersecurity! 03/13/2018 Marv Langston
- My Mistake — Congress has Already Enabled DoD “Speed to Capability” 08/12/2017 Marv Langston
- Can DevSecOps Undo DoD’s Broken Software Failures?
- Part 2: Will Artificial Intelligence (AI) Help Maintain U.S. Naval Superiority over China’s Growing Naval Power?
- Part-1: Will Artificial Intelligence Help Maintain U.S. Naval Superiority over China’s Growing Naval Power?
- Effective DoD Acquisition Needs Less Noise … Part 2
- Effective DoD Acquisition Needs Less Noise! …Part 1
- Blockchain – The Coming Global Paradigm Shift!
- Navy Acquisition Can Easily Be Fixed
- Time for Transformational Cybersecurity Part II
- Time for Transformational Cybersecurity!
- My Mistake — Congress has Already Enabled DoD “Speed to Capability”
- Why Can’t DoD Buy High-Tech IT While it is Still High-Tech?
- Time to Fix DoD Acquisition and Ensure Cybersecurity!
- Slow Change… Slow Humans!
- DoD’s Fatal Cybersecurity Flaw
- It’s Time to Change Navy’s Tactical IT Game!
- Time to Stop Measuring Inputs and Deliver IT Capability!
- Can DoD Get Out of It’s Cyber-IT Rut?
- Is DoD an Information Intensive Organization?
- Man and Machine: Our Integrated Future
- Cyber-Security On the Global Playing Field
- we won’t get what we don’t measure!
- … Information Technology really is starting to deliver…
- …I love TED talks…
- the future is still bright…
- an exponential perspective on National Security…
- the interesting thing about ideas…
- technology: autonomy is upon us!
- open letter to U.S. Navy leadership
- DoD can’t get to wave 3 using wave 2 processes!!!
Category Archives: Leadership
The well-known valley of death between the DARPA or Military Service Science & Technology (S&T) development and military Programs of Record (PORs) is the result of the high-entropy, high-noise channel, that sits between S&T and the bureaucratic DoD acquisition system. … Continue reading
To fix DoD acquisition, one only has to leverage George Gilder‘s brilliant adoption of Claude Shannon‘s information theory as the economic growth engine. Shannon’s 1948 landmark information theory paper, “A Mathematical Theory of Communication,” defines information as surprise. For his … Continue reading
Blockchain my become the basis of a new economy, but it can start transforming DoD Continue reading
Driven by peer naval competition from Russia and China, the U.S. Navy has embarked on a transformational Fleet Design vision to enhance U.S. naval warfare. Along with new weapon and sensor technologies, this vision is critically dependent upon out-pacing peer … Continue reading
Now that we have a new administration readying to transform the Executive Branch, it is the right time to reverse decades of inefficient DoD acquisition! Because cyber vulnerabilities are pervasive, today’s acquisition challenges are even more complex than the challenges of twenty years ago. If … Continue reading
“In today’s globalized world… …this approach couldn’t be more ill conceived!” The DoD currently attempts to mitigate cyber threats through onerous certification processes and drawn-out acquisition decision and implementation timelines. In today’s world plagued with cyber criminals and dedicated state sponsored cyber … Continue reading
“…the result is institutionalized processes that prevent IT acquisitions from fully meeting operational needs while failing to defend against peer-capable cyber security threats!” Measuring inputs does not equal effective outputs! It is difficult to measure the output success of a military system acquisition … Continue reading
Pacing modern IT services is critical to the DoD in the face of peer cyber competitors. The future of U.S. military deterrence will depend up our ability to provide effective IT services while preventing cyber attacks. Continue reading
“…sustaining exaggerated acquisition timelines in the name of good public stewardship has become an embarrassing National failure.” In my opinion there are two primary issues damaging our Nation’s future defenses! Loss of technical superiority – bureaucratic acquisition processes are … Continue reading