- Does China Hold the Strategic Advantage?
- ADM Archie Clemins Memoriam & New Webinars
- Webinar Update
- New Webinar Series
- How should the U.S. respond to China’s Taiwan Provocations?
- How Did We Get Into This Cybersecurity Mess?
- China’s Grand Strategy: Downloads
- China’s Grand Strategy: Part 8
- China’s Grand Strategy: Part 7
- China’s Grand Strategy: Part 6
- China’s Grand Strategy: Part 5
- China’s Grand Strategy: Part 4
- China’s Grand Strategy: Part 3
- China’s Grand Strategy: Part 2
- China’s Grand Strategy: Part 1
- Can DevSecOps Undo DoD’s Broken Software Failures?
- Part 2: Will Artificial Intelligence (AI) Help Maintain U.S. Naval Superiority over China’s Growing Naval Power?
- Part-1: Will Artificial Intelligence Help Maintain U.S. Naval Superiority over China’s Growing Naval Power?
- Effective DoD Acquisition Needs Less Noise … Part 2
- Effective DoD Acquisition Needs Less Noise! …Part 1
- Blockchain – The Coming Global Paradigm Shift!
- Navy Acquisition Can Easily Be Fixed
- Time for Transformational Cybersecurity Part II
- Time for Transformational Cybersecurity! Part I
- My Mistake — Congress has Already Enabled DoD “Speed to Capability”
- Why Can’t DoD Buy High-Tech IT While it is Still High-Tech?
- Time to Fix DoD Acquisition and Ensure Cybersecurity!
- Slow Change… Slow Humans!
- DoD’s Fatal Cybersecurity Flaw
- It’s Time to Change Navy’s Tactical IT Game!
Category Archives: Technology Evolution
Honoring Admiral Archie Clemins and an Introduction to the latest three posted webinars. Continue reading
Jim and I have now completed six thirty minute webinars that are posted on this site, YouTube, and Linkedin. Here is a short introduction to these webinars. We find these discussions to be very informative and relevant to the challenges … Continue reading
Jim Pietrocini and I have started a new webinar series intended to: Explore important topics in technology, global trends, DoD acquisition activities, and research & development related to U.S. National Security. Invite key thinkers and leaders to share their views, … Continue reading
We all know that information about our adversaries and partner countries is and always has been critical to National Security. Before our interconnected world of the internet, information operations were more about human spying, one person to another. As technology … Continue reading
The Department of Defense (DoD) has been developing software intensive systems for the last thirty years. Only in the past decade has the Department openly recognized that these software intensive systems are critical to the future of U.S. National Security. … Continue reading
Part 2: Will Artificial Intelligence (AI) Help Maintain U.S. Naval Superiority over China’s Growing Naval Power?
As discussed in Part 1 of this AI discussion, China’s central government plans to achieve AI breakthroughs by 2025 and world AI dominance by 2030. If the DoD’s past acquisition track record doesn’t change, it could be twenty years before … Continue reading
Part-1: Will Artificial Intelligence Help Maintain U.S. Naval Superiority over China’s Growing Naval Power?
Background It is hard to pick up a magazine or newspaper today without seeing something about the amazing things artificial intelligence and/or machine learning (AI/ML) are doing to change our lives for the better. Most people enjoy the benefits of … Continue reading
The well-known valley of death between the DARPA or Military Service Science & Technology (S&T) development and military Programs of Record (PORs) is the result of the high-entropy, high-noise channel, that sits between S&T and the bureaucratic DoD acquisition system. … Continue reading
To fix DoD acquisition, one only has to leverage George Gilder‘s brilliant adoption of Claude Shannon‘s information theory as the economic growth engine. Shannon’s 1948 landmark information theory paper, “A Mathematical Theory of Communication,” defines information as surprise. For his … Continue reading