- Webinar Update 3
- Does China Hold the Strategic Advantage?
- ADM Archie Clemins Memoriam & New Webinars
- Webinar Update
- New Webinar Series
- How should the U.S. respond to China’s Taiwan Provocations?
- How Did We Get Into This Cybersecurity Mess?
- China’s Grand Strategy: Downloads
- China’s Grand Strategy: Part 8
- China’s Grand Strategy: Part 7
- China’s Grand Strategy: Part 6
- China’s Grand Strategy: Part 5
- China’s Grand Strategy: Part 4
- China’s Grand Strategy: Part 3
- China’s Grand Strategy: Part 2
- China’s Grand Strategy: Part 1
- Can DevSecOps Undo DoD’s Broken Software Failures?
- Part 2: Will Artificial Intelligence (AI) Help Maintain U.S. Naval Superiority over China’s Growing Naval Power?
- Part-1: Will Artificial Intelligence Help Maintain U.S. Naval Superiority over China’s Growing Naval Power?
- Effective DoD Acquisition Needs Less Noise … Part 2
- Effective DoD Acquisition Needs Less Noise! …Part 1
- Blockchain – The Coming Global Paradigm Shift!
- Navy Acquisition Can Easily Be Fixed
- Time for Transformational Cybersecurity Part II
- Time for Transformational Cybersecurity! Part I
- My Mistake — Congress has Already Enabled DoD “Speed to Capability”
- Why Can’t DoD Buy High-Tech IT While it is Still High-Tech?
- Time to Fix DoD Acquisition and Ensure Cybersecurity!
- Slow Change… Slow Humans!
- DoD’s Fatal Cybersecurity Flaw
Category Archives: DoD IT Acquisition
Webinar Update 3
Jim and I have been a little less active on the webinar series the last few months but now have two very useful Webinars to share. Please comment below to let us know what you think. Webinar #11: Big Data … Continue reading
Jim and I have now completed six thirty minute webinars that are posted on this site, YouTube, and Linkedin. Here is a short introduction to these webinars. We find these discussions to be very informative and relevant to the challenges … Continue reading
Can DevSecOps Undo DoD’s Broken Software Failures?
The Department of Defense (DoD) has been developing software intensive systems for the last thirty years. Only in the past decade has the Department openly recognized that these software intensive systems are critical to the future of U.S. National Security. … Continue reading
Part 2: Will Artificial Intelligence (AI) Help Maintain U.S. Naval Superiority over China’s Growing Naval Power?
As discussed in Part 1 of this AI discussion, China’s central government plans to achieve AI breakthroughs by 2025 and world AI dominance by 2030. If the DoD’s past acquisition track record doesn’t change, it could be twenty years before … Continue reading
Part-1: Will Artificial Intelligence Help Maintain U.S. Naval Superiority over China’s Growing Naval Power?
Background It is hard to pick up a magazine or newspaper today without seeing something about the amazing things artificial intelligence and/or machine learning (AI/ML) are doing to change our lives for the better. Most people enjoy the benefits of … Continue reading
Effective DoD Acquisition Needs Less Noise … Part 2
The well-known valley of death between the DARPA or Military Service Science & Technology (S&T) development and military Programs of Record (PORs) is the result of the high-entropy, high-noise channel, that sits between S&T and the bureaucratic DoD acquisition system. … Continue reading
Blockchain – The Coming Global Paradigm Shift!
Blockchain my become the basis of a new economy, but it can start transforming DoD Continue reading
Navy Acquisition Can Easily Be Fixed
Driven by peer naval competition from Russia and China, the U.S. Navy has embarked on a transformational Fleet Design vision to enhance U.S. naval warfare. Along with new weapon and sensor technologies, this vision is critically dependent upon out-pacing peer … Continue reading
Time for Transformational Cybersecurity Part II
The last post, Transformational Cyber Security Part I, discussed exciting inventions that turn cybersecurity upside-down by preventing malware from freeloading CPU instructions in a properly configured software defined data center (SDDC), thereby rendering on-premise cyber attacks null and void. It … Continue reading
Time for Transformational Cybersecurity! Part I
One of the hardest things to change in human society is a long-standing myth. The current well accepted myth about information technology (IT) systems is that they cannot be defended against well-funded, determined hackers. Because such myths are rarely questioned, … Continue reading
Posted in Cybersecurity, DoD IT Acquisition, Global Perspectives, Technology Evolution Tagged cybersecurity, hacking, malware, zero-day 4 Comments