- ADM Archie Clemins Memoriam & New Webinars
- Webinar Update
- New Webinar Series
- How should the U.S. respond to China’s Taiwan Provocations?
- How Did We Get Into This Cybersecurity Mess?
- China’s Grand Strategy: Downloads
- China’s Grand Strategy: Part 8
- China’s Grand Strategy: Part 7
- China’s Grand Strategy: Part 6
- China’s Grand Strategy: Part 5
- China’s Grand Strategy: Part 4
- China’s Grand Strategy: Part 3
- China’s Grand Strategy: Part 2
- China’s Grand Strategy: Part 1
- Can DevSecOps Undo DoD’s Broken Software Failures?
- Part 2: Will Artificial Intelligence (AI) Help Maintain U.S. Naval Superiority over China’s Growing Naval Power?
- Part-1: Will Artificial Intelligence Help Maintain U.S. Naval Superiority over China’s Growing Naval Power?
- Effective DoD Acquisition Needs Less Noise … Part 2
- Effective DoD Acquisition Needs Less Noise! …Part 1
- Blockchain – The Coming Global Paradigm Shift!
- Navy Acquisition Can Easily Be Fixed
- Time for Transformational Cybersecurity Part II
- Time for Transformational Cybersecurity! Part I
- My Mistake — Congress has Already Enabled DoD “Speed to Capability”
- Why Can’t DoD Buy High-Tech IT While it is Still High-Tech?
- Time to Fix DoD Acquisition and Ensure Cybersecurity!
- Slow Change… Slow Humans!
- DoD’s Fatal Cybersecurity Flaw
- It’s Time to Change Navy’s Tactical IT Game!
- Time to Stop Measuring Inputs and Deliver IT Capability!
Category Archives: Cybersecurity
Jim and I have now completed six thirty minute webinars that are posted on this site, YouTube, and Linkedin. Here is a short introduction to these webinars. We find these discussions to be very informative and relevant to the challenges … Continue reading
We all know that information about our adversaries and partner countries is and always has been critical to National Security. Before our interconnected world of the internet, information operations were more about human spying, one person to another. As technology … Continue reading
The Department of Defense (DoD) has been developing software intensive systems for the last thirty years. Only in the past decade has the Department openly recognized that these software intensive systems are critical to the future of U.S. National Security. … Continue reading
Blockchain my become the basis of a new economy, but it can start transforming DoD Continue reading
Driven by peer naval competition from Russia and China, the U.S. Navy has embarked on a transformational Fleet Design vision to enhance U.S. naval warfare. Along with new weapon and sensor technologies, this vision is critically dependent upon out-pacing peer … Continue reading
The last post, Transformational Cyber Security Part I, discussed exciting inventions that turn cybersecurity upside-down by preventing malware from freeloading CPU instructions in a properly configured software defined data center (SDDC), thereby rendering on-premise cyber attacks null and void. It … Continue reading
One of the hardest things to change in human society is a long-standing myth. The current well accepted myth about information technology (IT) systems is that they cannot be defended against well-funded, determined hackers. Because such myths are rarely questioned, … Continue reading
Now that we have a new administration readying to transform the Executive Branch, it is the right time to reverse decades of inefficient DoD acquisition! Because cyber vulnerabilities are pervasive, today’s acquisition challenges are even more complex than the challenges of twenty years ago. If … Continue reading
“In today’s globalized world… …this approach couldn’t be more ill conceived!” The DoD currently attempts to mitigate cyber threats through onerous certification processes and drawn-out acquisition decision and implementation timelines. In today’s world plagued with cyber criminals and dedicated state sponsored cyber … Continue reading